Find Your Perfect Sheets
Smooth and soft with a subtle luster.
Soft, lightweight and breathable.
Cool and crisp with a casual look.
Sheets, Pillow Cases & Bed Skirts
Are you a snob when it comes to bed sheets? If you adhere to strict standards for your RMTC (required minimum thread count) we applaud you. And if you set a calendar reminder for the ceremonial seasonal change-up from flannel sheets to Egyptian cotton each spring, you're in the right place. You'll find all the best sheets at Nordstrom, and you can quickly search our inventory to find your precise specifications. Browse by color, thread count and your preferred material—whether that's silk, sateen, linen, cotton percale or a comfy jersey knit. Nordstrom carries beautiful sheets for all bed sizes, and rest assured, our fitted sheets will accommodate your extra-deep mattress with a snug yet not over-stretched fit. Once you've explored our sheets, be sure to check out our complete bedding collection—we promise you'll find all sorts of dreamy options.
How to Fold a Fitted Sheet
Don't get flustered folding your fitted sheets. Follow these simple steps instead:
- Stand holding the fitted sheet with the long side facing you and a hand in each corner, then turn the corners inside out.
- Swap the corners so that you are holding opposite corners from where you started.
- Turn the sheet around so that the elastic is now facing you. Pop your hands back into the corners and hold up the sheet.
- Bring your hands together and flip the right-hand corner over the left, essentially freeing up your right hand.
- Swap hands under the sheet once again and support the pocket you've made with your right hand.
- Take your left hand and travel it down the elastic to find the other pocket. Lay the sheet on the bed to create a U shape with the elastic, then fold it vertically a few times.
- Flip the sheet over, smooth it out, and fold it horizontally until it's the size you want. You did it!
What are the Best Bed Sheets?
Consider three characteristics when finding the best sheets: thread count, fiber content and weave type. Sateen, rayon, flannel or microfiber are usually the softest sheets. Looking for luxury bedding? Try silk sheets. Percale sheets are the answer if you love the crisp feel you get from hotel sheet sets. Keep cool during a summer heatwave with 100% linen sheets. Eco-conscious? Bamboo sheets are a smart alternative to cotton bed linens.
What is a Bed Skirt?
A bed skirt, also called a dust ruffle, is a piece of decorative drapery layered between the mattress and box spring. This final touch prevents the buildup of dust bunnies and elegantly hides under-bed storage.
How to Put on a Bed Skirt
Need a bed skirt queen or bed skirt king? First, measure your box spring for width, length and height. A wrap around bed skirt that is one inch longer than the height will ensure full coverage.
- Remove the mattress and set it near your bedside so that it will be easy to maneuver once you're finished.
- Line up the bed skirt's seams with the box spring edges, using the corners as a guide.
- Now it's time to replace your mattress. If you have an extra pair of hands, lift and place it to ensure that it stays in place.
What is a Standard Pillowcase Size?
A standard American pillowcase measures 20 inches by 26 inches. How many standard pillows you'll need varies by bed size. You only need one for a twin bed, two standard size pillows to fill a queen-size bed and three for a king. Creating a luxurious sleeping experience? A silk pillowcase is a gamechanger when it comes to promoting clear skin and healthy hair—a satin pillowcase works just as well, too. Hot sleepers will love a cotton pillowcase as it wicks away moisture.