Looking to refresh your bedroom oasis? Whether you’re on the hunt for new bed sheets, an array of gorgeously printed duvet covers, or the perfect woolen blanket, we’ve got the goods: twin, full, queen and king alike. A simple bedspread switch may be all you need to transform the vibe of your space from country-chic to clean and contemporary, or from island casual to romantic Victorian. And, of course, no bedding set is complete without a wonderfully cozy throw blanket—like always having a hug at hand. Remember: beautiful sleep deserves a beautiful bedroom.
King bed dimensions: 76" x 80"
Queen bed dimensions: 60" x 80"
Full size bed dimensions: 53" x 75"
Twin size bed dimensions: 38" x 75"
Do you prefer an updated interior style that's subtle yet chic? Modern bedding offers a premium feel that balances comfort and forward-reaching design. Achieve this aesthetic by piecing together a bed set with classic colors like black, grey and white with the occasional minimalist pattern.
Bring a down-home charm into your bedroom with farmhouse bedding. This interior style is rustic, approachable and perfect for families. Combine shades of white, dusty blue and grey with timeless patterns, such as plaid and stripes.
Embrace the maximalist inside yourself with a bohemian-inspired bed style. Boho bedding focuses on spirited embellishments (think: pailette sequins and fringe) and fun detailing, such as Mandala patterns. Boho bedding is an anything-goes aesthetic that nixes the rules in favor of carefree self-expression.
Look forward to snuggling up to a soft bed that feels like a cloud of comfort. Build your softest bed yet with plush Ugg bedding with faux fur layers, or simply focus on materials, like organic cotton and linen, which naturally get softer with time. Sleeping pillows with sunken plushness complete your snuggly soft sanctuary.
Types of bedding:
Mattress & toppers
Getting a good night's rest starts with the right mattress—a foundation that offers both support and comfort. A pillow top mattress is ideal for couples because it absorbs motion, while incorporating a memory foam mattress topper is a must for supporting the spine of side sleepers. Whichever you choose, remember to protect your mattress with a mattress cover in the case of accidental spills.
There are two types of bed sheets with their own unique functionality. The good thing is that many of these bed linens are sold as part of a bed in a bag for cohesive styling.
- A fitted sheet hugs your mattress with an elasticated hem, defending it from stains and tears.
- A flat sheet (or top sheet) lies between you and your duvet cover or comforter set to minimize the need for laundering.
Duvets, comforters, and quilts
Take your pick of the many different comfort objects there are to choose from.
- A duvet is great if you sleep hot and for warmer seasons as it won't cause you to overheat—their accompanying duvet covers take longer to assemble, though.
- A comforter keeps you cozy during winter, but be prepared to add dry cleaning to your budget due to its bulkiness.
- A quilt is a lightweight topper made of wool or cotton with inner batting—they also double as bedspreads for an extra layer of warmth.
Decorate your bed with different types of pillows to achieve the look you want. Layer your euro pillows behind your sleeping pillow for back support while sitting up in bed. Rest your head on a standard pillow that suits your sleep style with soft, medium or firm supportiveness. Feel free to add a few throw pillows to the mix for a pop of color.
Blankets and throws
All throws are blankets, but all blankets aren't throws.
- A blanket serves a utilitarian purpose to keep you warm. Bring an UGG blanket to bed and cuddle up to read a few pages before drifting off.
- A throw blanket is a luxury add-on mainly used to accent your bed with texture and color. Coordinate it with your bedroom decor or drape it over your favorite accent chair.
Transform your bedroom into the perfect place to unwind with bedding essentials and decorative accessories from Nordstrom.